I'm Be.

This is a blog about my life in Charlotte. I am a wannabe fire eater, compulsive reader, secret artist, beginner gardener, ninjalike organizer, and TERRIBLE speller.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Nutella.

Tonight, Nora and I made cookies. I decided to try a new recipe for Nutella Oatmeal Cookies. (As usual, I have NO idea where I got the recipe. I found it on a scrap piece of paper in my recipe box.)
The cookies are delicious. They are heavy on the butter so they flatten out a good deal in the oven. The result is a cookie that is crunchy on the edges with a nice chewy middle. Yum.



Nutella Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour

1 tbsp baking soda

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, room temperature

6 tbsp Nutella

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1 large egg

1 large egg yolk

1 tsp vanilla extract

3/4 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant or regular)


Preheat oven to 350F.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat mat.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a large bowl, cream together butter, Nutella and the sugars until mixture is fluffy.

Beat in the egg and the egg yolk, followed by the vanilla extract.

Working at a low speed or by hand, gradually blend in the flour mixture and the oats.

Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter (1/2-inch balls) onto prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 2-inches between cookies to allow for spread.

Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies are set.

Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.

Store in an airtight container.
** Post note: looks like the recipe is from the Baking Bites blog**

No comments:

Post a Comment