I'm Be.

This is a blog about my life in Charlotte. I am a wannabe fire eater, compulsive reader, secret artist, beginner gardener, ninjalike organizer, and TERRIBLE speller.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy.


For anyone who has met me, you most likely know that I am a happy person. I have a more or less positive outlook on life. I have no idea why, it has just always been that way. I have been reading a lot of Pema Chodron and Thich Nhat Hanh lately and it has provided some insight.

Buddhism encourages you to put your focus on the present moment. Especially recognizing your happiness with simple everyday things. I think this is why I feel like I have a unlimited source of joy....because every moment in your life is filled with wonder, happiness and gratitude.

Just sitting here, I can look around and smile at the picture of my husband and me when we got engaged or the photo we had taken of the Toot Toot when she was 2 months old. I can see my voicemail log book and see that all my calls have been returned. I know that there is a comfortable bed waiting for me upstairs. I can think about my sister and her new son getting to know each other.

When you slow down and recognize these blessings, no matter how small, how can you not feel happy? When I really let myself think about all these things, that joy almost threatens to burst out of my chest.

I hope that I will always remember to slow down and be.

(here is one of my favorite sites...it helps me remember that it is sometimes the small things that can make your day http://itmademyday.com/)

1 comment:

  1. And your happiness has always brought me happiness. Perhaps is viral?
    XXOX
    Mo

    ReplyDelete