I'm Be.

This is a blog about my life in Charlotte. I am a wannabe fire eater, compulsive reader, secret artist, beginner gardener, ninjalike organizer, and TERRIBLE speller.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Leap.

One of my coworkers approached me last week about making her daughter's graduation gift.

Let me back up...

About 10 years ago when I was working at my first "grown-up" job, I was lucky enough to have a boss who recognized the potential for integrating art and business and she hired a professional graphic recorder for our visioning sessions. It was a great way for me to learn all about the field of graphic recording and facilitation. I LOVED the work and have continued to use it at all my subsequent jobs.

Here are a couple of links if anyone wants to know more about that field:

http://www.makemark.com/images/portfolio/facil/facil_large_01.jpg

http://www.take-action.com/portfolio.htm

http://www.nancymargulies.com/business.htm

Fast forward to today...

She asked me if I would be able to do a journey map of her daughter's high school years. I said absolutely! The more I thought about it, the more excited I became. I could do relationship maps for weddings, college maps, moving maps, or maps for any sort of journey that someone could have. And how cool would that be to get a custom piece of art work based on your life?!?

So, I am working on a couple of pieces to use as examples on my (future) website. There really are no start up costs to doing this on the side...which is why I am leaping.

(the only challenge is cost....what would you expect to pay for something like this? I am thinking a 2x3 size)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really great idea! So if you think about what a 24" x 36" family portrait costs just to print: $45, and this doesn't include the photographer, included you are looking at $245-$500 depending on the professional photographer.

    How long would it take you to complete one? I would guess in the $200-$400 range would be a fair price.

    ReplyDelete