I'm Be.

This is a blog about my life in Charlotte. I am a wannabe fire eater, compulsive reader, secret artist, beginner gardener, ninjalike organizer, and TERRIBLE speller.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Proud.


I am bursting with pride.

For the first time ever we planted a garden. Not only did we plant veggies and flowers, but Beau built me some beautiful raised garden beds. Neither of us have ever done any gardening before. Okay, last year I did plant some miniature snap dragons, but I broke my ankle about a week later and they were horribly neglected. I assumed they would die, but they came back this year for more. Sadists.

We planted 9 heirloom tomato plants, one Roma tomato plant, 3 yellow squash, 2 strawberries, oregano, dill, cilantro, basil, chives and sage. So far everything is coming in beautifully. I ate the first of the tomatoes today on a whole wheat pita with feta cheese, oregano and cracked black pepper. About 7 minutes under a broiler and it was ready.

I think I am so proud because we have been working towards living a more simple and self contained life. Reducing waste, recycling, making gift instead of buying them and being happy with what we have. We have also been trying to reach out to our family and friends to create the sort of community that we have both dreamed of being a part of.


No comments:

Post a Comment