I'm Be.

This is a blog about my life in Charlotte. I am a wannabe fire eater, compulsive reader, secret artist, beginner gardener, ninjalike organizer, and TERRIBLE speller.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tart.

My favorite recipe lately is an heirloom tomato tart...perfect for all the beautiful tomatoes that are ripening in our garden. This recipe is delicious hot or cold (so feel free to steal bites out of the fridge).

Heirloom Tomato Tart

(I have no idea where I got the recipe....chances are I copied it down on the back of a receipt while sitting in the doctor's office waiting for an allergy shot)

  • Line a 9 inch tart pan with a refrigerated pie crust
  • Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.
  • Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes
  • While baking crust, mix 1/2 cup light mayo with 2 tablespoons Parmesan
  • Remove crust from oven and layer slices of provolone, slices of heirloom tomatoes and mayo mixture.
  • Turn oven down to 375 degrees and bake for 25 minutes
(I like to begin and end with provolone because I LOVE that crusty melty cheesy top)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good! Mom loves it, says she has made it 2 or 3 times since she has been home. I'll have to give it a go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you could layer some of that fresh basil from your garden in there, that would be good!

    I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete